COOL Church Liaison Worker
We are exciting to be able to employ a new worker to liaise with the churches in the area, and work alongside our Youth and Schools Worker, to develop and enhance the work of COOL.
- Salary: £9,235 per annum; plus work-related travel expenses and generous pension scheme
- Contract: Part-time – 15 hours per week; Fixed term for 2 years
- Start Date: March 2024
- Application Closing Date: Friday 5th January 2024
Who we are:
COOL is a Christian youth work project in the West Highlands of Scotland that aims to encourage and support all children and young people, primarily helping to meet emotional, social, and spiritual needs. Our concern is for the whole person, demonstrating the love of Christ through the provision of pastoral and support care within schools as well as additional social, recreational, and spiritual opportunities for the young people through Christian youth work.
The COOL Church Liaison Worker will seek to develop the spiritual and church support for COOL within the Christian community.
Working closely with the COOL Youth and Schools Worker and local churches, you would be involved in:
- Developing prayer support for the work of COOL
- Representing COOL to the churches through meetings and keeping them informed
- Communicating with supporters
- Provide feedback to the Youth and Schools Worker and the Management Committee
- Organise several special church services for COOL throughout the year
- Identify youth work opportunities and potential volunteers
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who has the ability to work in a sensitive manner, across a variety of church traditions and able to communicate effectively in church and group settings with a wide age range of people. We would also look for someone who has the ability to take initiative to develop and lead small groups and able to motivate and encourage others. You should be willing to work from home or the COOL office in Kyle and be flexible to work some evenings and weekends.
For this post, it is important that you are able to demonstrate a commitment to COOL’s ethos, working principles and vision. It is also an Occupational Requirement (Equality Act – part 1, schedule 9), that the post-holder is a committed Christian.
The appointment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Disclosure.
If you would like to find out more, please contact our Youth and Schools Worker, Timmy Currie, at email@example.com. For more information and to apply, please download the application pack below.