Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Store any personal data
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Visitor statistics cookies
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. However, doing this will be likely to limit the functionality of our website and probably a large proportion of the world’s websites, as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
We aim to be clear, concise and transparent. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal information does Scripture Union Scotland collect about you/your child?
We securely store information you have provided to us, such as:
- Basic personal information. This may include your name, address, email address, date of birth, etc. We use this data to contact you in line with your preferences.
- Booking information for events. In addition to the above, it may include school information, dietary requirements, and health information. We need this data to run our events smoothly and keep people safe.
- Volunteering information. This may include details of relevant certifications you hold, availability, references, and a statement of your faith. We need this data to accredit our volunteers for events and ensure they’re a good fit for their roles.
- Donor information. This may include bank details, GiftAid declarations and donation history. We need this information to process donations.
This information may be collected via paper forms, or digitally, e.g. via our website, or by email. We do not collect information without your permission. Data we already hold will be processed only for the purposes of legitimate interest.
Do we share your personal information?
COOL only share information with third parties in order to deliver postal communications such as the COOL Newsletter, or email communications like our monthly Prayer Update. This information is only available to these partners to process those communications.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is:
- necessary to comply with the law, e.g. Child Protection
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions
- to protect our rights and those of our users
Can I access any personal information you hold on me?
Access to your personal data is subject to GDPR. This is called a Subject Access Request. You can request access to this information at any time. You can request data is corrected, amended or removed, and can request that data is no longer processed.
You can submit a Subject Access Request by emailing email@example.com. You can also submit a request by post, to:
Data Protection Officer
8 Upper Ardelve
Kyle of Lochalsh
On requesting your data, we will issue a form for you to complete and return to us. Once we have received your completed form, we will respond to your request within 30 calendar days.
On what basis can you contact me and retain my data?
We are using legitimate interest as the legal basis for holding our existing supporters’ details, administering donations, keeping relevant records and contacting those who have indicated their wish to receive postal mailings. Our legitimate interests include furthering our charitable objectives and providing the service our supporters reasonably expect. We also rely on explicit consent to send electronic newsletters and appeals to supporters who have indicated they are happy to receive these communications.
What options do I have?
Some information is necessary to provide services, e.g. your email address is needed if you want to receive communications by email, and health information is necessary for residential events.
Other information may be required by law, e.g. age and driving license information is required to confirm eligibility to drive at COOL events.
Other information is optional, but may affect our ability to communicate with you, or affect your ability to fully participate in our ministry.
You can edit your communication preferences by following the link at the bottom of your mailing. To edit any other data we hold about you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions, notices, and revisions
- a) This website is provided by COOL on an “as is” basis. We make no representations or warranties of any kind express or implied as to the operation of this site or the information content materials or products included on this site. You agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk.
- b) Unless otherwise specified, the services provided on this website are for your sole personal and non-commercial use. You may not copy, distribute, modify, display, publish or sell any information, artwork, products, or services obtained from the website.
- c) To the full extent permissible by applicable law, COOL disclaims all warranties express or implied including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- d) COOL does not warrant that this website, its servers, or e-mail sent from COOL are free from viruses or other harmful components.
- e) COOL will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website including, but not limited to, damages for consequential loss.
- f) You may not use bulletin boards, chatrooms, or other interactive areas on this site for unlawful, questionable, or immoral purposes.
- g) These exclusions of liability will not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of COOL or any of its employees or agents.
- h) All material on this website, unless otherwise credited to the relevant copyright owner with appropriate permission, is © Copyright 2020 COOL. All rights reserved.